The revolutionary analog speaker simulator
This is a world premiere .. The Ultimate Cab, born from the collaboration between Stéphane Ellena and Pascal Vigné, is the result of several years of research and development. In a time dominated by the digital, this high-end device goes against the flow, offering a much more advanced product than the competitors and especially sound qualities never reached. The heart of the Ultimate Cab is a filter carved for months in the studio and on stage, to ensure exceptional sound, both in the comfort of playing of the guitarist and in the sound experience of the listener. Thanks to this unique process, we find the sound identity of the amp, unlike the competing digital technology that samples and standardizes. The Ultimate Cab is the Swiss army knife of the guitarist who wants to perfectly control his sound identity, whatever the stage and studio configuration. Finally, the Ultimate Cab fits any amp load (4, 8 or 16 ohms).
One virtual Speaker, all ANALOG
The guarantee of a sound faithful to the game of the musician and his amp can only be assured by analog technology. Here, no sampling, signal cutting or digital reconstruction, but discrete, passive and active components.
The Ultimate Cab contains a multitude of filters designed and calibrated for long months, in the studio and on stage, and faithfully reproduce the character and dynamics of the signal on its inputs. The response curve can be slightly changed thanks to the setting of "Shape", which works mainly on the level of sibilant notes, in the field of treble.
Further down the audio chain, at the "Mixer" and "Monitors" outputs, there is an active 3-band equalizer to further refine the tone of the signal.
A 6 LED vumeter - of different colors - indicates the level of the input signal, adjustable with the "Gain" knob. Finally, the output of this section is distributed to the 2 output sections "Mixer" and "Monitors".
A reactive Loadbox and... a 100w power breaker
The Loadbox function is very interesting to play and record "silently". In this case, the power amplifier connected to it must have a constant impedance to operate correctly and optimally. The Ultimate Cab integrates a Loadbox that can not only properly charge the amp that is connected, but also can adapt to the 3 output impedance values widely used namely 4, 8 and 16 ohms. Thanks to this possibility, only one Ultimate Cab is needed to use different impedance amplifiers ... again, only one device is enough!
In addition to this Loadbox, a power attenuator is used to connect a cabinet and lower the output volume up to 20% of the power of the input signal. This is ideal for enjoying the warm sound of the lights of your favorite amp head with a high volume, in a rehearsal room or in an apartment. Unlike most power attenuators on the market, the Ultimate Cab maintains the integrity of sound quality, even with maximum attenuation.
Inputs / Outputs
- AMP Input : Jack 6.35mm asymétrique (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- SPEAKER Output : Jack 6.35mm asymétrique (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Line In : Jack 6.35mm asymétrique (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Dry Out : Jack 6.35mm symétrique (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Phones : Jack 6.35mm symétrique (TRS, Tip/Ring/Sleeve)
- SIM Output : XLR symétrique – Impédance : 600 Ohms
- MIXER Output : XLR symétrique – Impédance : 600 Ohms
- MONITOR Output : XLR symétrique – Impédance : 600 Ohms
- MIC Output : XLR symétrique – Impédance : 600 Ohms
- MIC Input : XLR symétrique – Impédance : 600 Ohms
- Power: 85-265 Vac / 47-63 Hz
- Consommation : 30 VA
- Power section Input impedance : 4, 8 ou 16 Ohms
- Max power of power section : 100W RMS
- Bandwidth at -1dB : 10Hz – 20 kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio : > 102 dB
- Weight: 2200 grammes
- Dimensions: 19" rack / 1U (483 x 189 x 44 mm)